Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hotels

So far, I've been reasonably impressed with the hotels I've been staying in (aside from the hard bed thing). They're cleaner than I had imagined, and the three places I've stayed have all been really modern in their facilities and even interior design (a far cry from the places I stayed at in India, aside from a few luxury resorts).

The highlight of the hotels so far would have to be the entry system in our hotel in Xi'an. It looked like a regular card key, but instead of inserting it into a slot, you wave it in front of the door handle for a few seconds, and it automatically registered, unlocking the door for you. Hi-tech, baby!

The hotel I stayed in last night, World Traders Chongqing, was really nice -- especially for the price. I paid around $35 (US), and got a modern, spacious room, a reasonably comfortable bed, great service and a pretty good breakfast buffet. Amazing!

No comments: