Thursday, February 22, 2007

Connections

A few months ago, I was perusing the Wall Street Journal (Hey, I'm in Business School!), when, lo and behold, there was an article on the front page about a girl I used to go to High School with. Talk about random! Apparently, she's now a big-time socialite in NYC. The article had her picture, and even mentioned the name of my old high school.

While not quite as solid or close as a connection, (okay, it's tenuous, at best), I was still pretty excited to see this article in the New York Times. I've known about the Gyroball for two years or so. That's when I interviewed Ryutaro Himeno, the scientist mentioned in the article, about the pitch for a work-related project, well before the pitch became news in the States (the project, unfortunately, never went anywhere, but I still have the video). Random, but cool, nonetheless. For me, at least.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is the girl?
Why not a link to the article?

Anonymous said...

DITTO!

I'm a haiku god said...

Come on, people! I've got to protect SOME modicum of anonymity here....