Thursday, December 21, 2006

Finally!

When I left my last job in Japan, I got a video iPod as a going away gift. At the time, I only had my crappy old iBook as a computer, not my shiny new Vaio. The newer iPods only connect over USB, as opposed to firewire, and on my old mac, the USB was REALLY SLOW, meaning it took ages to update my iPod.

It took almost an entire day, but after 5 months, I finally changed my iPod over from my mac to my PC (you have to choose which type you're going to use and stick with it). It was such a big pain because my songs weren't all in one location -- some were on my mac, some were on my pc, some were on dvds/cds and some I had lost and were only on my iPod. Now everything's on both my pc AND my iPod.

Not only that, but I finally put a few videos on it (a couple of things I had downloaded for free from iTunes). I'm still not sure how I feel about watching a tv show on a 2.5" screen, but it IS pretty cool.

And now I have almost all my tunes in my iPod. Perfect timing for my trip to Japan!
Now if I could only find my old iPod that I was planning on using as a portable hard-drive. It's gotta be around here somewhere....

No comments: