I just got back from a cooking class, sponsored by the Culinary Club at Haas (one of my favorite clubs!). It was held at a place called Kitchen of Fire. I was expecting a similar experience to my cooking classes in China and Thailand, meaning a small class size and individual cooking stations, so I was a little disappointed when 15 or 20 people showed up, and all of us collaborated on 4 different chocolate deserts, at 4 simultaneous stations.
Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun. Only now, I'm suffering from a combination of a chocolate-induced high and a general bluh-feeling caused by too much chocolate. In a good way, though.
I've come to a realization, though, that while I really like chocolate, I'm not that big a fan of chocolate cake deserts. Brownies, yes, cakes, not so much. Even the chocolate lave cake wasn't that awe-inspiring (although, maybe that was just because by the time I had some, I was already suffering from a minor-soon-to-be-major overdoes of chocolate...). The truffles, though, well, that's a whole 'nuther story altogether. Deeeelicious! Whether dark or milk, rolled in almonds, hazelnuts or cocoa powder, they were mmmmm good!
Definitely going to make those again. Maybe tomorrow??
(BTW, this post's title is the sound that comes out of my mouth when I try to say "chocolate" now. See above-referenced chocolate high/chocolate bluh.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you really DO take after your Mother after all!
Post a Comment