I finally moved in to my new apartment in Berkeley today. Yeay!
The movers came this morning, and after 2 hours or so had carried in all my boxes and set up all the furniture (although, I found out later they totally screwed up my cd-rack, and I'll have to dismantle and rebuild it...)
So, I spent most of today unpacking, but I still have boxes EVERYWHERE. I guess I forgot how much stuff I have. I was made vividly aware of this fact 6 1/2 months ago, when the movers came to box my Tokyo apartment up, but in the ensuing travel, it had gone from a conscious feeling to just a number (80 boxes). It actually kinda sounds like more than it really is, though. But I digress.
After the whole drama about which apartment to choose, I'm really glad I ended up with this one, even though it was sort of my 2nd choice. Everything just seems to fit (in terms of my kitchen, living room and bedroom). And the shower is good -- VERY important!
The cable guy is coming on Wednesday, at which point I'll have my OWN internet access (instead of "borrowing" the neighbor's wi-fi). When that happens, I'll upload some pics of my place (before and after the move) to my flickr site.
It looks like my next adventure is beginning for real!
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
GOOD LUCK! Hope you enjoy becoming part of the Berkeley "mindset"!
Don't miss the tour of the Saki plant!
That's supposed to be "SAKE" of course.......
Alas, unfortunately not. You have to actually lift the toilet seat cover yourself. How 20th century!
Post a Comment